Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12 – Braxholm to Goulds Country

Today Charles ran from his finishing point on day eleven into Braxholm, had a short break to help set up our table at the IGA store where he had to leave Teresa to raise funds, while he set off to cover more kms.

"I really pushed myself and covered a distance of 54kms. I can however say that would have to be one of the toughest runs I have ever completed, especially running out of Derby and Weldborough Pass. I finished my run at Goulds Country + - 23 kms from St Helens which I have to run tomorrow," said Charles.

We have to be based at the IGA store in St Helens for the next couple of days. With Charles now having completed well over 500 kms, he is on track to smash last years distance.

While trying to recover after his huge effort today, Charles had this to say, "To put the last two days into perspective I have run 4.5 Point to Pinnacles, and if I had to choose between paddling that distance I would much rather paddle than run, as running is mu
ch more physically exhausting".

Please phone Teresa on 0401 164 275 or Charles on 0487 168 883 to make a pledge.

Tersea fundraising outside IGA in Braxholm.

Charles working hard in the rain as he makes his way through the Weldborough Pass.

Charles at the end point for the day, Goulds Country, where he starts day 13.