Saturday, January 22, 2011




21st Friday Swansea to Triabanna




Left early today for a long paddle expecting a nice day. Paddeling with a light N/E wind assisting me down Great Oyster bay conditions very grey and miserable. After about an hour into the paddle I realised the conditions where going to be totally diffrent, to the expected weather forcast for the day. With the swell growing larger and laerger making it imposibal to come in safely in an accesable area or me to be collected if necessary. At the end of the day I would have to say it turned out to be my hardest paddle expererience ever and largest time without a break. However I am very happy I ended up in Triabanna safely. After a 9hour 30mins. I also would also personly like to thank the kind farmer Bill and Clare for helping Teresa try to locate me. All the locals where totally shocked that I had made it by myself in a Kayak in those conditions. I am lucky I do not suffer from sea sickness like one of my fellow paddles from last year as I would of been dead because I was being bounced up and down like a cork. Thank goodness my experiance has taught me you do not paddle a Kayak like you sail a Yacht, point to point. I would have ended up dead in those conditions. I admire all solo paddles it is totally diffrent to paddeling in a group.


Thanks to John and Sandra Hay from Eastcoast resort for covering our two night accomadation. John is a post president of the board of cerebral palsy.


distance 70km